World Heart Day is celebrated every year on 29th September with the intent of raising awareness about cardiovascular diseases. It was first celebrated in the year 2000. This year’s theme is ‘My heart, Your heart’.
According to the statistics released by the World Heart Federation, more than 1.75 crores (17.5 million) people die every year due to cardiovascular diseases. If you think that heart diseases affect you at old age then, I request you to get rid of this misconception with immediate effect. In reality, heart diseases are increasingly affecting the young adults. In India, most of the deaths due to heart attacks occur between the age of 30 to 50. The main reason behind it is our modern lifestyle and unhealthy eating habits. The statistics are quite alarming and should start taking care of their heart from today. It is not very difficult to do so.
Tips to keep your heart healthy:
On World Heart Day, we are sharing some tips that will help you to keep your heart healthy:
- 30 minutes of workout session a day can help prevent heart attack and stroke.
- Walking for 30 to 60 minutes a day reduces the possibility of heart diseases by up to 50 per cent.
- Say no to cigarette smoking.
- Sound sleep of 7 hours at night helps you to keep your heart healthy. Insomniac? Then, let’s beat it.
- Drinking water at regular intervals prevents dehydration and this ensures normal blood flow.
- Keep yourself away from stress and tension. Otherwise, it produces toxins which can have an adverse impact on our heart. To combat stress and tension, you can practice meditation.
By including these habits in your daily life, you can keep your heart healthy.