The Internet has become an indispensable part of our life. With Google completing 19 years of its existence, it has become a become a nightmare to think about spending a day with Google. Some of us are using Google to check the correct spelling of a word. Nowadays, Internet not only means connectivity but also means sending emails, social networking, online shopping, booking tickets etc. But, is accessing that information safe? What would be its consequences if they are not safe? Well, in this article you will find a few tips on how you can make your internet safe and secure.
- Install Antivirus software and make sure to regularly update the same.
- Turn on pop-up blocker on your web browser.
- Avoid opening suspicious links/attachments received via an email. They may contain viruses or spyware that may harm or steal your information.
- Never enter your personal details or financial details like credit card or debit card on suspicious websites. Even if you do make sure that the website is genuine before proceeding with the online transaction.
- Have strong passwords and make sure to change them regularly. if possible, enable two-factor verification.
- Use content filters.
- While accessing the internet from shared computers like cyber cafes, libraries always ensure you log out from all our accounts and clear the browser cache/History. Never initiate any kind of online transactions while using such computers.
What if you become a victim of Cyber Crime ?
Even after maintaining a lot of precautions if unfortunately, you become a victim of cyber-crime then inform the ISP. Next, contact the nearest police station/cyber police station and lodge a report for the same with all the complete details.