Pecan is a delicious nut that is used in a wide variety of sweet dishes. When traditional pecan pie recipe meets everybody’s favourite chocolate, the delectable chocolate pecan pie is born. When this rich taste of chocolate is combined with the buttery flavour of Pecan, you get nothing but pure heavenly taste. So here is the recipe that can be easily prepared at home. Bake it for your family and friends to leave them in awe of your baking skills.
- A 23-cm pie shell (unbaked)
- 300gms of halved pecan
- 3 large beaten eggs
- 3 tablespoons of melted butter
- 120ml of treacle (golden syrup)
- 200gms of Sugar
- 2 tablespoons of superior-quality bourbon
- 85gms of chopped milk chocolate
- First, you need to preheat the oven to a 190 degrees C.
- Next, the bottom of the pie crust must be covered with pecan halves.
- Take a bowl and whisk eggs and melted butter together.
- To the mixture add in corn syrup, bourbon and the chopped chocolate. Keep stirring until the ingredients are combined.
- Pour this chocolate-bourbon mixture into the pecan covered pie crust.
- Bake it for about 10 minutes and lower the temperature to 175 degrees C
- Continue baking the pie at the lowered temperature till the pie is set or for about 25 minutes.
- Remove the pie and let it cool.
- Once it cools down-turn it out onto a plate. (The pecans should be on the top).
- Drizzle some golden syrup over the top and serve a delicious slice of this pie.
Recipe Courtesy : Soumyasree Chakraborty.