On Day 1 of A2Z Challenge 2019, I will try to cover the A2Z of Artificial Intelligence. AI is a vast topic but I will try to touch the A2Z of Artificial Intelligence in a very comprehensive manner. Humans are the most intelligent animals (to date). Human intelligence is the intellectual power of humans that helps us to learn from experience, adapt to new situations, understand and handle abstract concepts, etc. But a computer has ‘ZERO’ intelligence.
Computers can’t think on their own. They are simply programmed to do specific tasks. But, is it possible to make a machine think and behave like human beings? It is now possible. Thanks to the introduction of Artificial Intelligence, a branch of computer science whose goal is to create technology that allows computers and machines to function in an intelligent manner. According to the father of Artifical Intelligence, John McCarthy, it is “The science and engineering of making intelligent machines, especially intelligent computer programs.”
A2Z of Artificial Intelligence
AI can be divided into three categories:
- Machine Learning – This is the core part of AI. It deals with self-teaching software algorithms that can make predictions about data.
- Neural Network – It deals with artificial neural networks to process a large number of inputs
- Deep Learning – It deals with the ability to model high-level abstractions about what a given set of inputs may combine to do.
A2Z of Artificial Intelligence – Applications
Some of the applications of Artificial Intelligence are given below:
- Gaming – AI plays an important role in strategic games where you play against the computer. Here the computer can think of a large number of possible moves based on heuristic knowledge. Eg.: Chess.
- Natural Language Processing – Man-machine interaction by using languages spoken by humans. E.g.: Speech Recognition.
- Robotics – AI plays a significant role in this field. Robotics aims to reduce human work.